Monday, November 5, 2012


Quote of the Day:  Rivers know this:  there is no hurry.  We shall get there someday.  ~A.A. Milne

I was awakened this morning by the arrival of a noisy truck bringing a load of sand to help finish building the new kitchen and to make five more biosand water filters.  I was upset by the noise until I realized what it signified, then I was okay again.  Many of the irritations in our lives are really good things for someone else, but it bothers us because it interrupts our routine.  When I lived in the States, the worse thing someone else could do to me was to make me wait.  It didn't matter where it was, in the grocery store, in a line at the bank, or driving more slowly than I on the road.  At the time, I think I may have actually hated those people who were just doing what I was doing, and, of course, I never considered that my taking a long time at the bank or grocery store was holding up anyone else.  That's just the way we're made, I guess.  But I've learned a lot here, and one of the main things is that it's okay to wait and that rushing is sometimes foolish and many times hurtful.  There is even a saying here, haraka, haraka, hyena baraka which means that if you rush, rush, you will lose all your blessings.  I think there is some truth there.
Post a Comment