Monday, October 8, 2012


Quote of the Day:   There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved: It is God's finger on man's shoulder.  - Charles Morgan

The last professional football game (American football) I saw was the Super Bowl that New Orleans won, two or three years ago.  Then by some miracle or a rift in the fabric of the space/time continuum, this afternoon I got to see yesterday's game between New Orleans and San Diego.  As an old New Orleans fan, I was delighted, and they won!  We just never know what strange things are going to happen to remind us of home.  In a little duka (store) here in Bunda, I found Heinz ketchup!  Bought all three bottles that the guy had.  On the road last week, I saw a Ford 150 pick-up truck--the first one I have ever seen in Africa in ten years.  Now I'm just waiting for the Wal-Mart opening, but I think Wal-Mart only puts stores in countries where the people can afford to buy things, so I don't think I will ever see one here.  Same with McDonalds and all the rest.  For now, I will be quite happy with an unexpected football game and Heinz ketchup to put on my French fries (chips, here) tonight.  I am convinced that God sends thank-you notes.  Thank you, God, for letting me see my old team win a game (the only one they have won all season).  Take your blessings when and where you get them and always say thank you.
Post a Comment