Sunday, October 21, 2012


Quote of the Day:  “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” ― Corrie Ten Boom

I went to the Bunda church this morning primarily to thank them for their prayers.  They have been very faithful about praying for me, and I wanted them to see and hear me say thank you.  They were very happy to see me, although here, to see weight loss usually means AIDS, so they were more reserved about that.  I was able to tell them, in Swahili, to keep praying for me and that God answers all prayers.  Some, He says yes immediately.  We like those.  Some, He says no immediately.  We don't like those, but we learn to live with them and, if we're smart, we learn from them.  Some, He says not yet.  It is these that cause us the most upset and worry.  Usually, a yes is coming but not in the form we expected.  The church members liked what I had to say about prayer and even applauded, which is rare in church here.  On another issue, the building is going along very well.  The picture at the right shows just three days work.  Clicking on it will take you to three more.  We are very pleased.  The One Book Foundation sent us the money, and we are faithfully administering it.  We didn't get the three bicycles delivered until today, so I will post that picture tomorrow.  We still have to buy the mosquito nets, pay for the land, and purchase the sewing machines, but all those are in progress.  Thank you to all who pray for us.
Post a Comment