Wednesday, October 10, 2012


Quote of the Day:  If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. -- Meister Eckhardt

After being a virtual prisoner in my own house for the last seven months (leaving only to go to the hospital about six times), today I got out and found a really neat barbershop down in town.  It is new and was built by a guy who has several more in Dar Es Salaam, so it was built to Dar Es Salaam standards and not Bunda's.  It has really new and nice chairs and fixtures plus several workers from Dar Es Salaam.  I had my hair washed and braided.  They also washed my face and ears and gave me a scalp and upper shoulder massage.  It took the better part of an hour just to get seven months worth of tangles out of my hair which was a tad painful but worth it in the end.  They spent an hour and a half taking care of me, and the cost--two dollars.  I gave them five which really pleased them.  I'll go back next week for sure.  They even suggested dying my facial hair black to make me look younger--I resisted that.  It was so nice just to be fussed over for an hour or so.  Everyone needs that, so go get your hair done and let them fuss over you.  Then when you feel really good, give thanks to God.  I did.
Post a Comment