Saturday, September 29, 2012


Quote of the Day:  “If you think you're too small to make a difference, you haven't spent a night with a mosquito."  --  African Proverb

Presiding Bishop Monto came today for a meeting prior to his meeting with the circuit pastors.  We had a good time as we are old friends besides being fellow bishops.  We did what bishops do:  agreed on the ordination of a pastor, discussed his placement, talked of legal policies, and of our sons because we are both proud of our sons.  I also discovered that there is a Methodist Seminary in Arusha whose financial backer has pulled out as have all the teachers and administrative staff.  The students there want us to continue the seminary as a Methodist Church in Tanzania school.  All I have to do is find teachers and administrative staff who will work for nothing.  I'm on it!  The church has grown so much in the last eight years and endured so much and touched so many lives it is hard to imagine not working on its behalf.  It's why I came, it's why I stayed, and it's why I will continue.  I am only one and can only do so much, but I will not stop doing what I can.  It's why I was called.  We are all called, but only some of us hear it, and even fewer know what we are to do because of it.  If you listen, you will hear God calling you.  You only have to say, "Here I am, send me."
Post a Comment