Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Quote of the Day:  “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost

Lusi still hasn't had her baby, but she is overdue, so . . . soon.   The wife of Amos, our security guard, gave birth to a baby girl last Saturday, but she had complications and is still in the hospital.  She has what is known as "fistula" which can be horrible but can be fixed with a simple operation--if there is someone who knows how to do it.  Unfortunately, we have no such surgeon here, but they are trying to find one that will come to Bunda.  You should read about this condition and see if there is some way you can help the women who suffer so as a result.  Edina's daughter, Paulina, is back in nursing school and will graduate next April as Tanzania's version of a registered nurse.  She can get a job very easily that pays very well.  She tells me that this way she can help other people and take care of her mother in her old age.  Don't you wish all children felt that way?  Our new man, Charles, is working out extremely well, and we are pleased.  I had to take six pair of pants to be altered today.  My former waist size was 65 inches and is now 52 inches.  I think I am still losing but have no idea how much weight I have actually lost.  I am going to Musoma tomorrow and will get weighed at the Coptic Hospital and will know for sure.  I am having to alter every shirt and pair of pants I own, but I am not complaining.  I did order a new pant and shirt suit today to wear when I go to Boston next April.  They have to go to Kampala, Uganda, to get the material, but I am in no immediate rush.  Such is life here.
Post a Comment