Saturday, September 1, 2012


Quote of the Day:  I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. - Nelson Mandela

Summed up all my strength and courage (see above quote) and walked around the compound today.  It is the first time I have even been outside the house in three months.  I walked up to Martha's Place and found Karen working with Pastor Nyanza and a teacher from Santa Caryn Academy as they put names to faces for the thirty children now attending.  I walked around and saw all the work on the paths that John has done.  I inspected first hand the new choo and shower that had been built.  I had Francis get me a chair and sat under the newest shade that Amos built and watched neighborhood boys play soccer on the new field with the goals and nets.  They were playing with a ball made of hundreds of discarded plastic bags, but it didn't slow them down a bit.  They loved it when I would shout "Gooooooaaalll!" whenever one side or the other scored.  I sat on the new bench that had been built and thought about how I had approved all of this, paid for some of it, helped get money for other parts of it, and made a few suggestions about building.  It made me feel good to know that the two schools, the soccer field, the church, the grounds, everything was continuing without my physical presence necessary.  I was pretty tired when I got back, but it was a good tired.  I've lost weight, lowered my blood pressure, controlled my diabetes, and am currently external plumbing free (the stuff God gave me is not 100%) but having to take things carefully.  I have located a hospital and surgeon in India that can do my operation when it's needed for $7,000 (that includes everything but airfare), so things are looking up indeed.  God is good.  All the time.
Post a Comment