Monday, September 3, 2012


Quote of the Day:  Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity a greater. -- William Hazlitt

Today is our first day without Lusi who is taking a two month maternity leave.  I was concerned that Juliana's niece, who will be filling in for Lusi, wouldn't know what to do, so even though I had not slept at all (still trying to get my medications adjusted), I was there at 7:00 A.M. to greet her, but Juliana showed up at seven (two hours before she was supposed to be here) to guide the new girl around.  I needn't have worried.  Edina fell and smashed her face into the concrete floor, breaking a tooth and doing other damage on Saturday.  Today, she was in too much pain to work, so Shaban took her to the hospital where she got something for the pain and went to  her home for two days.  Luckily, Edina's daughter is home from school and can take care of her mother.  We have a new worker starting today who will be helping Edina.  He is a much older man but very strong and has helped us in the past.  Once I gave him an old shirt of mine to wear, the dogs accepted him and stopped trying to hurt him.  Still, Edina wasn't here to show him what to do, so I limped outside to do it, and Amos (our security guard) waved me back in, as he had taken over Edina's jobs while she is out.  I keep trying to do something to get some sympathy and others keep preventing me.  I went in to complain to Karen and John about how rough I was having it, but they were watching the paralympics wheelchair races, and I knew I'd get no sympathy for my little problems.  Funny how God lets us know just how lucky we are--if we will just see it.
Post a Comment