Saturday, September 22, 2012


Quote of the Day:  Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.  -- Anne Frank 

A friend of mine in Australia wrote, in reference to my glass breaking display at the bank, that he knows that God is awesome and I shouldn't keep trying to prove it.  Another friend in Germany wrote that he knows that I believe in miracles because apparently I depend on them.  They both lightened my load.  Isn't it wonderful what modern technology has allowed us to do?  We can help people across thousands of miles and many time zones, but that wouldn't happen if there weren't good people who wanted to help.  Modern technology is wonderful, but, like everything else, it can be used for good or ill.  It is up to the people who use it to make it do wonderful things.  I was able to read of a benefit comedy concert in Los Angeles that will help my friend, Pete, in Arusha, Tanzania, with his orphans.  He doesn't call them orphans, he calls them the "Leaders of Tomorrow" and that's what it says on the posters for the benefit.  They are leading truly blessed lives because Pete, at the age of 67, decided to devote his heart and the rest of his life to them.  It's not about the technology which is just a tool in the end.  It's about the motivation of people who have love in their hearts for people who are defenseless and need help.  We couldn't be doing what we are doing here if it wasn't for the wonderful people in the U.S. who support us, keep us in their hearts, and pray for our work here.  I thank God every day for those who care about me, my family, and our mission.  God bless you all.
Post a Comment