Saturday, August 25, 2012


Quote of the Day:  If you have a choice, always sit in the shade.   Me

When I was younger and watching my own sons play athletic events, like all the other dads, I tended to stand and walk up and down the sidelines.  Now, I am older and wiser and need a place to sit in the shade to watch.  So, John and Shaban designed a bench and got a local fundi (carpenter) to build one and put it near the fence where we can watch the excitement of the little boys' football games.  Of course, that wouldn't be enough without shade (it's not just me, it's the Africans, too!) so, John got Amos to build a shade structure and thatch it.  Picture to the right.  If you click on the picture, you can see it as it is built and two additional shots of brick making on the church grounds.  John seems to live by the credo, "See a need. Fill a need."  Okay by me.
Post a Comment