Sunday, August 19, 2012


Quote of the Day:   Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching. - Randall Leighton

Sixteen years ago, an off-duty nurse happened by an ER room where a doctor was about to declare the time of death for the man on the table.  The nurse asked the doctor to wait, jumped up on the table and pounded on the man's heart with both fists.  She brought him back.  He never got to thank her or even learn her name because she moved out of state soon after.  I would love to find her and thank her because I was the man on the table.  I have had an implanted defibrillator in my chest ever since, and it has shocked the fire out of me on more than one occasion (they call it "delivering a therapy"), so we know it works.  If not for that nameless nurse, I would never have gone to Peru on three mission trips and built a church on the Amazon.  If not for her, I would never have gone to Africa on a mission trip and ultimately moved there to establish a mission and expand the Kingdom of God.  I know how much I owe her, but what I wonder is who was your "nameless nurse"?  What person so touched your life in a magical and meaningful way that you don't know or can't remember.  There are lots of people I know to thank for helping me become what I am and who I am, but there are only one or two whose names and faces are lost in the past.  I pray for them every day, knowing that God knows who they are.  The others I thank occasionally but never enough.  Think back on your life and pray for those who have allowed you to "dance like no one is watching." 
Post a Comment