Friday, August 10, 2012


Quote of the Day:   A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.  ~ Me

A Letter To David Keith Wiggins (my grandson) born on August 8, 2012

By the time you read this you will probably be a big boy.
I know you will be kind, funny, wise, sensitive, interesting, and fun!    Your parents are all of these things, and much more.   I know you will be strong and a wonderful hugger.  Your father was and still is.   I wish you happy, happy, days!  You will have some bad days, yes.   They are important or you could not appreciate the good ones.    There will be disappointments;  I know you will be able to handle them. I like to say, "Life is 10% of what happens and 90% how you handle it. "   I pray you learn about humility and embrace it.    Please always welcome strangers, and always, always, be kind.   I hope you learn that honesty is the best policy, and that doing a hard days work in service to God will always make you feel a kind of "good tired."   Be a loyal friend, one people can count on and trust.  Help to make the world around you a better place to live in.   Please learn about Jesus, He really works, trust me.   You have such a wonderful mother and father.  They will teach you all the good things in life.  Remember how to play, for you need to enjoy life.   I may never see you, but I love you already.   You will live in my heart all of my days.

Your grandfather (Babu) in Africa
Charles Leighton Wiggins

with thanks to S.Schmidt

Post a Comment