Wednesday, August 29, 2012


Quote of the Day:    A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb 

I have not been having good laughs or long sleeps for over ten weeks now, but today, the doctor came at 8:00 A.M. and removed all my external plumbing (not without some pain, but removed nonetheless).  He stayed on call all day in case he had to rush back out here and replace everything, but he has not been needed.  I have been taking new medication for the past week (and probably from now on) and it has worked.  Everything is working fine.  My diabetes is under control with only a bare minimum of medication (I started with 2,000mg a day and now take 500mg a day).  In fact, it is in the "perfect" section of the chart, so I am better than normal in that regard.  I still have to continue with some antibiotics and since I am taking a "beta" blocker for my blood pressure (also perfect now) and an "alpha" blocker for the prostate problem, I have to be careful about sudden movements as I can become dizzy easily.  All in all, it is cause for great celebration on my part.  I am looking forward to a good long sleep tonight and some good laughs prior to that.  Even the one dog who was sick had the vet come out today and give her some antibiotics, so we are all on the mend here in our little part of Africa.  Bwana Asifiwe!  (Praise the Lord!)
Post a Comment