Sunday, August 5, 2012


Quote of the Day:   Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. -- Mother Teresa


The good doctor came by yesterday and brought two men with him, a lab technician, and a male nurse.  They ruled out malaria (had a fever) and determined the fever was caused by another infection.  Injected three syringes of antibiotics and started me on an oral regimen as well.  They changed the catheter (no details, but this is not a fun thing to do), gave me an injection for the pain (yes, I did not get those things out of order--first they caused the pain and then gave me a shot for it), and got me some medication for the nausea which had become a problem.  Everything sorted out, we wait for a week, remove the catheter, and then go to Mwanza for further testing.  I have not been able to leave the house except for emergency runs to the hospital (two of them), and I am getting cabin fever, but what can you do?  I wait and allow the doctor and the medicine to do its work, but I supplement them both with a liberal dose of prayer.  The doctor's church is even praying for me.  I need to be here for at least five or six more years, so I would appreciate your prayers, too.  I could live the way I am now for the rest of my life if that is what God is asking, but I don't think so.  I want to get back to His work.  I guess I am still about His business even as an invalid, but I prefer a more active role to play.  Still, it's not what I want to do, but what He guides me to do--and I will obey Him.  I will be faithful in this small thing.
Post a Comment