Sunday, July 8, 2012


Quote of the Day:   “You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.” - Desmond Tutu


When I was young, my family was everything to me.  When I was a teenager, I couldn't stand to be seen with any of them.  As I approach my twilight years, family is everything to me once more.  The irony is that while living in Tanzania, thanks to the internet, we have become much closer as a family, speaking, writing, and sharing pictures and video much more often than we did when we lived in the same town.  We have also added our extended families, aunts, cousins, and in-laws.  I don't think I could get through each day here without Karen and John to support and encourage me.  I am so very blessed, as are all of you who have family.  The allure of cults and gangs is the concept of a family where none exists--the need is that powerful.  Good on ya', God, for creating families.  Thank you God for my family who bless my life on a daily basis.  Learn to love your family, for when everyone else abandons you, they will be there.  If you are a member of God's family, then you are blessed indeed.  You don't have to be born into God's family, you can just ask to be accepted and you will be.  That's too good a deal to turn down, don't you think?  If you haven't done it, do it now.  You will never regret it.
Post a Comment