Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Quote of the Day:  Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, that lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong




Five days of pain and bleeding are behind me.  The guys responsible for the installation of my second Foley catheter used the wrong size.  Who knew they even came in sizes?  My doctor was out of town and left it in their hands.  Remember this is a bush hospital with no pain medication.  He (my doctor) came by this morning on his way to Mwanza and discovered the problem and its cause.  He went on to Mwanza and sent his driver to take me to DDH (our bush hospital) for the same guys who put in the wrong size to correct the issue.  I was just a tad nervous, not ever having loved to enjoy pain.  But, bless their hearts, they got it right, fixed the problem and the rest of today was so, so much better than the last five.  Even the name (Foley catheter) sounds bad, and if you Google the installation instructions, you will realize that this will never be a ride at EuroDisney.  For now, though, it's doing what it is supposed to do, and I am free of pain an bleeding--so not bad for enduring thirty seconds of excruciating pain, but that's in the rear view mirror now.  We just look ahead with hope, as we should.
Post a Comment