Monday, July 9, 2012


Quote of the Day:  Today I live in the quiet, joyous expectation of good. - Ernest Holmen


We are having severe internet problems probably caused by all the malware that is in the news.  No one wants to admit that they have infected servers or computers, so there is much finger pointing and yelling.  The real winner are the cell phone companies who find they have suddenly started getting lots of money to finance internet time.  We have been using our phones all weekend, and it costs about $10 a day to be online with our cell phones--and a lot slower, too.  There is so much we take for granted that I couldn't begin to list it all.  Instead of complaining, I am thanking God that our cell phones allow us to get on the internet.  It's a little thing, but a few minutes online is a big deal for us out here.  I can check on my 97-year-old mother, my family in the states, and a friend who is grieving over the tragic loss of his 22-year-old niece.  All things come to those who wait, and, as Milton said, "They also serve who only stand and wait" --never did quite understand that but it sounds nice, doesn't it?
Post a Comment