Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Quote of the Day:   "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."  - Mother Teresa


I am still in pain, but much, much better.  The doctor came last night and told me I had to stay hooked to the medical devices for another two days and then--freedom.  He explained what had happened and confirmed that without the emergency trip to the hospital I would have died.  It's not the first of those kind of events, and I, like the Energizer bunny, just keep on going.  The night we were going to the hospital, John was rushing to get to the car and tripped over a rock in the dark, spraining his ankle badly.  The doctor is coming back tonight to check on him having worked on him yesterday.  This is really wonderful service on the part of the doctor who spends as much time in the villages as at the hospital.  His name is Doctor Kapinga, and he is really a gift from God to this area.  He gave me his number and insisted that I call him at any time, day or night, and he would come.  To us, here, that is truly a "thank-you note" from God.
Post a Comment