Saturday, June 16, 2012


Quote of the Day:  Make us worthy, Lord, to serve those people throughout the world who live and die in poverty and hunger. Give them through our hands, this day, their daily bread, and by our understanding love, give them peace and joy. - Mother Teresa


So, I thought, how best to prepare for Father's Day?  Turns out that for me it was emergency surgery in a bush hospital to fix an obstructed bladder.  Skipping over all the gross parts, suffice to say I got home after dark with a catheter for the next three days, but all fixed and out of pain.  I had prayed to God to free me from the pain, but I should have been much more specific.  At least no monkeys came in and out of the operating room today, and, by some coincidence, the chief of surgery for this region was in Bunda today and came to the house to take care of me.  I'll spend tomorrow in bed, but out of pain, and with my wife and son.  Not bad for Bunda.
Post a Comment