Monday, June 11, 2012


Quote of the Day:  When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.   Mother Teresa


One of Lusi's sons has malaria, Juliana is sick but working, so things are normal.  One of the things I like and admire about this culture is their willingness to pitch in and help each other, giving food, comfort, used clothes, or whatever they can when someone gets robbed (not very often) or a breadwinner dies (which is often).  They also offer themselves to help protect and serve each other.  We have a kind of neighborhood watch and while they understand that I am not going to walk around in the dark (I stand out too much), I can supply the ten flashlights that they need and I am happy to do it.  Oh, I have had many requests for pictures of the kids in their uniforms, but Karen is not finished with them yet.  As soon as they are ready, you will see them.  John decided to shave his head for the hot, dry season coming up, so Shaban did it with razor blades.  Picture of him, tomorrow.  He looks a lot better than I did.
Post a Comment