Tuesday, June 26, 2012


Quote of the Day:   If you are not doing good with what little you have, you can be assured that the more money you get--the more selfish you would become.  If your real desire is to do good, there is no need to wait for money before you do it. - James Allen




What to do if you are just sitting around waiting for antibiotics to do their work?  Why, play golf, of course (pun intended--"course/golf course--get it").  Thanks to the packages we got last weekend, I have been able to play Tiger Woods video golf on our PlayStation 3.  About four years ago, my oldest son bought us a PS3 and a DVD player with speakers.  Thanks to that, we can watch videos and play video games here in the African bush.  I can spend hours playing the latest video golf since it arrived from New York a few days ago.  I played golf from about 1958 to 1996 (thirty-eight years) before the doctors told me that I couldn't play anymore (implanted defibrillator).  Now, I play better than I ever did and at courses all around the world against some of the best.  Can't say enough good things about it.  Fabulous therapy for an old man with a catheter.  I won the Masters as an amateur just two days ago.  Not bad.  It doesn't take much to make us happy when we have so little.  There's a sermon there, I'm sure.
Post a Comment