Saturday, June 30, 2012


Quote of the Day:   Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. - Helen Keller


Writing a daily blog can sometimes be a daunting task, especially if not much happened that day.  Yet, it can be so important to those who read it.  My sister, who is caring for my 97-year-old mother, writes one, and every day it is the first thing I read.  I don't comment very often, but I know she knows I am reading it every day, as she reads mine.  It is a way of keeping up with family and of letting family know what's happening on this side of the planet.  Thanks to the internet, though we are far away geographically, we are as close as a "hang-out" on Google+ or a Facebook picture and update.  We have never been as close to our far flung family as we are now that we are the farthest flung of them all.  If you write a blog, don't ever quit because you think no one is reading it.  You write it for God, for yourself, and for anyone else who is seeking something that day.  Penny, my sister, and I will never know whose lives have been affected by the few words we write, but we know that it happens because it happens to us.  Thank you to our readers and thank you to all who keep us in touch with our world wide family through the world wide web.
Post a Comment