Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Quote of the day:  Every saint has a history--every sinner, a future.   Unknown


Of course, after yesterday, things changed as they always do.  Lusi had a sick child and left to take care of him.  A friend of mine in Germany had his fourth daughter (no sons), a beautiful baby named Lia.  After three years of not having malaria, I was coming down with the symptoms, so Shaban went and got a nurse to come here and take blood.  If there is a good thing about malaria, it is that a simple blood test confirms or denies its presence, no matter what.  If you can't see the parasites, then there are none there, and so, my record in still intact.  I do not have malaria although I do have many of the symptoms.  The fever may be the hardest part, but it doesn't stay around forever.  I will be better tomorrow, but today was a write off.  Still, I am happy to be where I am.  When I asked the doctor if I could be having the flu, he said that it is as easy to contract malaria in the United States as it is to contract the flu in Tanzania.  Okay--I don't have the flu, but I don't feel good.  To quote GWTW, "Tomorrow is another day."
Post a Comment