Saturday, May 19, 2012

Quote of the Day:  The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it – Henry David Thoreau


Remember that fever that just came and went away?  It was telling me that another small tumor of the type, nodular vasculitis, had appeared on my right ankle which will require minor surgery to remove next week and another three months to recover from it.  This is the fourth one of these in the last seven years and quite frankly, it can be the last one.  They are painful and the recovery is also.  For the first two surgeries, I had no anesthesia, but now at least, I don't have to bite on a cloth-covered stick.  Ah well, the joys of living in Africa.  By the way, these are rare and even rarer for a male, but hey, I don't do anything that everyone else does.  Shaban is here working on the car today so the steering rods won't snap next time we drive it.  Some teachers came by today to ask us to give them a car.  Karen patiently went over the cost of operating a car and they didn't believe her.  At last she just said, "No, we won't ever give anyone a car.  Never have and never will."  They understood that.  If my wife says no, you'd better believe her.  She was filling in for me anyway and she was great.  What a great partner she has been and still is.  Thanks, babe.

Post a Comment