Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lusi had a hurt back, so we introduced her to the healing charms of muscle rub.  It goes on cold and then heats up which scared her.  I had warned her that that would happen, but as in so many things, she just didn't believe me.  Today, she is singing the praises of the "uchawi dawa" or witchdoctor medicine.  She asked God to bless me for bringing her relief from her pain.  Of course, all I did was show her how to use a Western medicine, but God should bless all those who bring relief from the pains of this life.  I am asking God's blessings on all the doctors, nurses, therapists, counselors, pastors, priests, rabbis, and anyone else who can help ease people's pain.  You bring a true gift to the table when you can make another of God's children rest easier.  My sister does this daily with my mom and God bless her for it.  Bless you, too, if you can lighten a load.
Post a Comment