Friday, May 4, 2012

I was telling Bishop Monto that Mr. and Mrs. Magero would be graduating in August from Bible College.  He was very pleased.  Sylvester Magero will come here to Bunda and serve for one year under probation.  He is a good man and an excellent preacher, but we will have to see how he is at running a church.  If he does well, we will ordain him in 2013 along with his wife who will be serving her probation near Lamadi.  I thought for a while I would get a break from coming up with 300,000 Tsh every three months for tuition, but Bishop Monto has two more candidates for Bible College just waiting for the Mageros to graduate--no rest for the weary but good that we have two more ready to go.  Both Bishop Monto and Bwana Masele have been telling me that I don't need to go to a different church every Sunday--that I was serving God and pleasing the church even if I can just sit in my house.  We have meetings here, and Karen, John, and I all get assignments and come up with ideas for the church right here in the house.  Not to mention the financing that we do for church projects like the tuition for Bible College.  And our good friends back in Arkansas are keeping at least four students a year getting full tuition, books, and room and board at the Bunda Teachers College.  We have never graduated less than four new Christian teachers every year and that is still continuing.  John Milton once wrote that "they also serve who only stand and wait" and I thought that was not right when I first read it, but I have since changed my mind.
Post a Comment