Saturday, March 31, 2012

First, yesterday was not Good Friday here.  I thought it was because school was out, but we are on the same calendar as the rest of you.  I am getting old and since every day is pretty much the same, it is hard to keep track of where we are on the calendar.   It was very hot again today but that just means it will rain tonight and cool things off again.  We have a Seventh Day Adventist Church about a hundred yards from our place and since today is their sabbath, we delighted to hear the singing celebrating palm Sunday.  Juliana cut some palm leaves from our trees to take to her church tomorrow.  We are so blessed to have such a good staff.  I hear horror stories from other missionaries and I just keep quiet.  I don't know what it is that we are doing right, but at one staff meeting, Lusi said, "It was always my dream to work here."  That's quite an endorsement.  Tomorrow's blog will be another of the newspaper articles I wrote quite some time ago, but Karen (and my sister) both say they are still relevant, so . . .
Post a Comment