Thursday, October 13, 2011

In a couple of hours, Karen, Shaban, and I leave for two days in Mwanza.  Karen will be staying overnight in a hotel while I will be in the hospital.  I have to spend the night there so they can prep me and I will be ready for surgery bright and early Friday morning.  We will also be getting the air conditioner on the car fixed while they work on me.  Diesel is too expensive to drive that far and not do several things while we are there.  We should be back in Bunda by Friday night but don't know for sure.  In Africa, everything is always open to several variations, so who knows?  Got the last of the desks delivered to St. Wiggins Academy but lost the air conditioning, ah well.  Charlini sang several songs in English all day yesterday.  You just haven't heard "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" till you've heard it with a Swahili accent.  More news when we get back.  Keep us in your prayers.
Post a Comment