Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sad/happy day as the students and other teachers and helpers said good bye to Queeni who is going to Iringa to study sociology.  She brought her sister who is just a cute as Queeni is.  It has been such a delight to get to know her and to watch her grow as a teacher and friend.  We will  miss her, but her replacement starts on Monday.  We not only teach children, we teach teachers, too.  Karen and I were to have gone to Mwanza to the hospital on Tuesday--Karen for tests and me for medications, but Tuesday is the Muslim holiday of Eid, the end of Ramadan, so have rescheduled for Thursday.  Someone came by to accuse me of giving free clothes to the children of Lamadi and they didn't get any.  I explained that the clothes were for orphans only and if their children ever suffer that fate, we will help them, too.  I don't really mind being accused of being too generous.  I have my dad to thank for that.  If we can help, we do.  I read that in a book once, a very old book about a very wise and loving man.
Post a Comment