Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am pretty blue today. My 96 year old mother is nearing the end of her life. She has hospice care now. I dreamed last night that I held her and she smiled at me even though she didn't know me. Maybe it was her way of telling me it's okay that I am so far away and can't be with her. My siblings are all there with her. My sister has been taking such very good care of her for years and we are so blessed that she is so devoted. My father died seven years ago, so I guess with my mother's death, I, too, will be an orphan. Funny to think of it that way, but we wife has mentioned that she's an orphan since her parents are both deceased. We all need a parent to cling to and know that there is always someone in our corner. Thank you, Father God, for being the parent who will never abandon me and will always be there for me. There is great comfort in that.
Post a Comment