Friday, June 3, 2011

Delivered another bicycle today. One more evangelist armed with the means to take the Word to those who have yet to hear it. May God bless his (and His) ministry. Lost a friend today, too. Died at 63 which is young to me. Another friend found him in his village with what looked like a smile on his face. Hope that's how I'm found. I'm getting really tired of the death and dying around me, but I knew it was here when I came. No one escapes it, but few are prepared for it. I pray that I will be remembered as a "good and faithful servant", it's how I hope I live. As John Donne wrote, "Do not ask for whom the bell tolls . . ." because he knew that every man's death diminishes the rest of us. I hear the bell toll for my friend and I hear it tolling for me. Make a difference in this life, in this world, wherever you are. This is not a dress rehearsal--this is the final performance. Make it a good one.
Post a Comment