Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tuesday, we got up at 4:00 A.M. to get to the airport by five am to catch our new flight to Chicago at six am that would then get us to La Guardia in NY by one pm. Airport says that flight was delayed by crew legalities (?) such that we could not make our connection to New York. So, we were put on another flight back to Dallas that would leave at 9:30 A.M. and then we would make connections to a flight going to Newark that would get in around six pm. This meant sitting at the airport from five to nine (four hours), but by now we were pros at sitting at airports. This flight would be delayed also, but we did make it to Dallas in time to make our connecting flight which was also delayed but did make it. Only problem was that I had no way to contact my son to tell him of the last minute changes. We had no phone numbers only an email address and nowhere in the airport could we find a place that would let me send one. Finally, in Dallas, I turned on my prepaid AT&T cell phone that was supposed to run out of funds the day before. Wonder of wonders, I still had a day left. I called a friend in Gravette, Arkansas, who sent my son an email, and we got everything worked out. It was a very long day with little sleep, but we finally escaped the horrible weather that is holding the whole South hostage--and still is. It is cloudy this morning, but I can still see the Statue of Liberty from Chris's window. Kind of makes it all worthwhile.
Post a Comment