Thursday, December 23, 2010

I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Here, Christmas is a church holiday. No garish decorations, no caroling, and no Santa Claus. There is no gift giving, there are only prayers of praise and love for each other. It is a family time with church services beginning tomorrow, then Christmas day (I'll be preaching at Lamadi), and the day after there will be several ecumenical services. I did see a Christmas tree in the bank at Musoma. Mmmm, Christmas tree in a bank? Wishing you and yours a quiet and meaningful Christmas this year. Remember He was born poor and died poor, but was the richest man to ever live. He gave everything, and I mean everything for people He didn't even know. God bless all who have peace and love in their hearts at this time of year. We do.
Post a Comment