Monday, October 25, 2010

Karen continues to improve. We took a short, thirty-minute field trip by taxi to the Nairobi Giraffe Centre where we were able to feed a female giraffe named Laura. If you held the food pellet in your mouth, she would use her tongue to get it--hence the picture at right. Karen wouldn't do it, but she did feed her from her hand. Then back to the hotel for a long nap. The medications are helping very much, but the doctor said that they alone could not account for the incredible change in Karen's circulation. Karen asked if prayer helped and the doctor said prayer was everything and in his mind, the reason that she did not need surgery. I am also much better thanks to the repair work on my esophagus and my blood pressure. I have more energy now than I have had in over a year. God is so good. All the time. Prayer changes things. No one can ever convince me otherwise. Thank you.
Post a Comment