Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today, local education officials demonstrated their anger at my letter writing, but to no avail. They made some threats, but it is their jobs on the line. Shaban, Karen, and John traveled to Musoma. John had a teaching session with some college kids at Juasun (our internet provider), Karen tried to meet with two regional officials (Immigration and Education) neither of whom were around, but she made appointments for next Tuesday when I will attend as well. I stayed home with an African stomach illness. Common, but unpleasant. Tomorrow, Mwanza to the dentist for the three travelers but more of the same for me. If our meetings next Tuesday yield no good results, the next step is to take the story to the newspapers. It's an election year, so I don't think we will have to do that. Keep us in your prayers.
Post a Comment