Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No blog yesterday. My father and I used to watch golf together all the time. Sunday night and Monday morning till five am, my son John and I watched the U.S. Open, live. It was a little like my Dad being there. Surprised I made it to the end, but it was pretty exciting. So, I slept all day yesterday while Karen went to the bank in Musoma. We have to make a two-hour round trip and spend about an hour at the bank once a month to get the money we use on a monthly basis. Not quite the drive-thru banking you're used to. Still, it is safe and dependable and that means a lot here. I had a great Father's Day on Sunday. Got breakfast in bed, then back to sleep, then Shaban drove about twelve miles to the closest restaurant and brought back chicken and french fries for lunch. I had a Father's Day nap, heard from all of my boys and was very happy. I can now announce that my son, Chris, will be moving to New York to begin a new job. A job that was created. His title is: Creative Director, Digital Google, New York. Maybe you've heard of Google. It seems like a good company. He has a lot of responsibility, but mostly he was hired for his imagination. That's pretty cool, if you ask me.

Post a Comment