Friday, June 18, 2010

After almost eight months of pain and suffering, it is strange to be well again. Today, I sat down at the table to eat with my family, walked outside to meet with a pastor in the prayer chapel, took a shower, and yesterday, drove the four blocks to the Australian missionaries' house. Simple things, but for eight months I couldn't do them. Right now, I am sitting at a desk (did have to saw a couple of inches off the legs) and typing the way I used to when I composed letters and things. I can sleep without worrying about rolling over on my arm. Everything is just so darned normal. I did discover that doing nothing for a long time doesn't leave you in great shape, and I tire easily. So many simple, simple things are miracles we don't see until they are taken from us. Being able to go to church every Sunday, being able to shop in stores full of food and merchandise, being able drive through a fast food place on the way home, having a bank nearby--I know you don't see them as miracles, but they are. Police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, and even convenience stores--these, too, are miracles. Choir rehearsal, church pot-lucks, softball games--you have to enjoy them for what they are--gifts from God that millions will never experience. Love your life. Live your life. It's not a dress rehearsal. This is it. Experience the full wonder of the love of God in everything in your life--even the things you sometimes complain about. God has given you the best. You give Him the rest.
Post a Comment