Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The wife of the President of Tanzania will be in Bunda tomorrow at the teacher's college. We will be presenting her with a biosand filter that Karen is painting as a Tanzanian flag. The women's group will be there, too. This is a really big deal for us, for the ladies, and for the future of our biosand filter project. Paul is home sick with malaria since yesterday. Someone here or their family members always have malaria. It is a true curse. The pain got really bad so Shaban and Karen teamed up on me and took me to a Chinese doctor at the government hospital in Musoma yesterday. After three very painful cortisone injections (arm, shoulder, and neck), the doctor bandaged my right hand so I wouldn't use it for two weeks. If I am still in pain then, we will repeat the process. The pain of the injections was so bad I almost passed out. Shaban got so upset, he was physically sick, but I was okay. I slept fairly well last night, and the pain is much more manageable today. Keep those prayers coming.
Post a Comment