Thursday, January 14, 2010

Went to Musoma today, saw the doctor at the Coptic Hospital who encouraged me to go to Arusha to have more comprehensive work done on my leg. Bought a plane ticket, called a friend to pick me up and the airport, and tomorrow I will fly to Arusha. My leg needs to be X-rayed to see if the infection has spread to the bone, biopsied to determine what kind of antibiotics need to be used, and then whatever treatment is appropriate for however long it takes--probably from ten days to two weeks. Of course, I could do none of this were it not for the overwhelming support and concern of the One Book Foundation who is paying for the trip and treatment. Karen is happy that I will be getting some good medical work done. I can't say I'm really thrilled about all this, it could be very painful and boring, but I will do whatever needs to be done. I guess the mission is important, after all. Don't know if I will have internet in Arusha, so don't panic if there are no posts for a while. Do keep praying, though.
Post a Comment