Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There is suffering in Haiti. There is suffering in Africa. There is suffering in America. It has always been so, but we must each do what we can to alleviate as much as we can. This is called "loving your neighbor". It is a commandment, and Jesus gave it. As I sit here in Arusha in the quiet and cool of an East African morning, I am praying for all those who need God's comfort and strength. In a couple of hours, I will have a good-sized chunk taken out of my leg to be sent to Nairobi, Kenya, for testing. May take a week to get the results. Hopefully, they can be working on a possible cure before the results get back, but I won't know till later today. Keep my wife and son in your prayers. I know they don't really need me to be there in Bunda, but they think they do. It seems I am always on my own for my surgeries, yet I am never alone, am I?
Post a Comment