Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The dietary rules here are fairly simple, but I forgot just one of them and now have food poisoning. It was pretty easy to identify because I was the only one who didn't follow the rules, so Karen and John didn't get sick. Being sick here is like having a snow day but not able to enjoy it. I'm just glad it isn't malaria, but it is an inconvenience. Still, have had three people come today to ask for money for school fees. We were able to help all three but not to the extent that they wanted. No one goes away empty handed, but they don't always get all that they ask for, yet all are grateful and go away smiling, knowing that there is always at least one place where their needs are treated with respect. We wish we could do more, but we do what we can with what we have. I think that's all Christ expects of us. I hope so.
Post a Comment