Friday, December 11, 2009

What a night last night. About midnight, the lightning and thunder and heavy rains began. It continued till six this morning. Several hits were very near us, rattling doors and scaring the children, especially me. It's all gone now, but we are still on the generator. Strangely enough, our new internet doesn't go out with the power but stays on, so we can still send email etc. Shaban drove me to Musoma today to see the doctor at the Coptic Hospital and get a propane tank refilled. The doctor has started me on a new regimen of heavy duty antibiotics, and if these don't work, then we will do IV antibiotics. I'll just be happy when it's all over. I've finished rewriting that thirty-year-old story and some of you may find it in your stocking for Christmas. What I hope is that it might make some money for the mission, but that's in God's hands. Of course, I will do what I can to assist Him. Tomorrow, we deliver a filter to the new District Commissioner. Right now, the rain has gone, the sun is shining, and we can hear the happy sounds of our generator chugging away. Lusi if feeling better, Juliana is back after being out for three days with illness and a neighbor's funeral. It is as Robert Browning once wrote, "God's in His heaven, and all's right with the world."
Post a Comment