Thursday, December 10, 2009

The District Commissioner didn't show up until today, but we welcomed him most graciously. Karen and Paul had to carry the ball because my leg is keeping me sidelined at the moment. He brought his wife and was astonished at what we had here. He has only been on the job for two weeks, but he was brought in to help the education situation here. We wish him luck. John has been working with Juasun and TTCL to put together a new high-speed internet service for Bunda. Pictures available by clicking on the photo of the D.C. and his wife. I pulled out a thirty-yr-old story I had written in Hollywood in the '70's and have been rewriting it. Ironically, it was about this area of Africa even though I had never been here at the time. Now, as I rewrite, I am able to use what I've learned in the past years to make it more authentic. If, when it is finished, it gets published, the money will be used to keep the mission going. Who knew?
Post a Comment