Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today, I met with the new pastor of the Bunda Circuit. On Christmas Day, we will have five small churches attending at Bunda where I will baptize about seventy people who have been waiting for the rainy season to end. I can't get to them, so they will come to me. Two of the churches are on the other side of our hills facing the Serengeti and sometimes have elephants eat up their cassava crops. Happily, elephants seldom climb steep hills. I also dealt with a personnel problem, met with Bwana Masele about his English classes, and had a meeting with a cell phone executive about my idea for an AIDS hotline connected to the counselors at the Coptic Hospital. We are very much still in the talking stage though everyone seems to be excited about it. Karen was pretty sick Monday and Tuesday but is much better today. Monday, I was very depressed, then Tuesday went to town (getting out of the house for the first time since the safari) and am feeling much better today. Amazing how actually doing God's work makes you feel better. Even if you do it reluctantly, doing it does all kind of good things for you--medically proven, too. Since we are the only three Americans around here, we will have a quiet Thanksgiving, but wish all of you in the States a wonderful holiday. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because of its emphasis on family. May you and yours have a truly blessed day. Remember us in your prayers tomorrow.
Post a Comment