Monday, October 5, 2009

Bishop Monto came by today. I sent some Bibles with him to help start a new church and we discussed the threat to the church from a former pastor. In the end, we have all the cards (paperwork, deeds, bank account, official stamp and seal) and, more importantly, the support of all the people, so the threat is ended. I am helping send Bishop Monto to a bishop's conference on gender equality in Dar Es Salaam the first week of November. When he gets back, we will have a week-long training session here for Methodist doctrine and gender equality. We already have women pastors, evangelists, and leaders of local churches, but we still have a long way to go to change attitudes--so we will start from the top down. We also want to get all the clergy on the same page regarding Methodist theology and practice, so this will just the first of many of these sessions. My leg doesn't hurt as much, but I still can't see any real progress from the medication, but it is early yet. Keep those prayers rolling in, I have had three surgeries without anesthesia and don't want another one, but I will do whatever it takes to keep me actively serving God and His children.
Post a Comment