Monday, August 17, 2009

Went out to the Bunda Teachers College this morning and paid 3,200,000 Tsh for sixteen scholarships for this coming year. The principal was thrilled (colleges here don't have deans, they have principals) and had not yet completed selecting the needy students. He will by the end of next week and will supply me with a list of names. On another front, I don't know whatever possessed me, but I have been meeting with a couple of men who want to start a kind of crisis center here. I met with the District Commissioner this morning and she is very excited about my involvement, especially since she was a former psych nurse. How do I get involved with these things? Well, the last one I got started was in 1984 and it is still running. Maybe this will work out, too. What I needed was another project, I guess.
Post a Comment