Sunday, May 24, 2009

When my malaria just wouldn't go away, we called the doctor to come back.  He diagnosed me with giardiasis which is a parasite that attacks the small intestine and is very common in developing nations.  Of course, I had to have the flu to go along with it, so I have been a very sick boy for ten days now with three more to go.  Karen is also ill and hasn't been able to do much.  Thank God for John.  He stepped up, became the host for the group, oversaw the cooking (even cooked two of the meals himself), took over the maintenance of the mission and took care of Karen and I.  And all of this without his medication (he ran out two months ago).  This group is up and out by 8:30 every morning and doesn't come back until around 8:00 every night, but John has been there with them all the time.  We could not be more proud of him.  Wednesday, he will be going to Arusha for a month to set up a computer lab for our friend Pete at UAACC.  Hopefully, I will be well enough by then to take over once more.  Keep those prayers coming.
Post a Comment