Thursday, October 9, 2008

Karen had a grand reunion with several of her teacher friends at Walker School yesterday and at George today.  I got the happy news that I have to have a molar extracted on Monday, but left untreated the infection could have been lethal after we returned to Tanzania.  I guess God knew what He was doing when He sent us back.  We have met many people who were really excited to see us, and maybe one day we will figure out who they were, but the warmth, hospitality, and love we have experienced here has been overwhelming.  It is always nice to know that the work you do is respected by others.  Tomorrow, back to the doctor's office to see if we can find ways to reduce the daily pain in which Karen and I live.  Who knows what new medicines or discoveries have been made in the last four years?   We are also having complete physicals with lab tests and everything.  I think they will prove we are aging. 
Post a Comment