Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Turns out I had more than just one meeting in Cherokee Village.  Last night they had an all-church potluck followed by a one hour presentation from me.  Five people in the group had been to Tanzania, some several times, so I was forced to tell the truth--which was easy because I always do.  I don't ever want anyone coming because they thought it was going to be different than it is.  Of my first seven presentations, it was the first that got a standing ovation, so I guess I'm doing something right.  One nurse, after the presentation, handed in a check for her ticket to come with the medical group next May--just like that.  We don't even know for sure if the medical group is coming, but the doctor who's to lead it was there last night, and this may have given him a little nudge, but we will see.  What happens is what God wants to happen, and that's the way it should be.  Today, I have no speaking engagements scheduled, but we will see what God wants today.
Post a Comment